Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the authoritative Word of God (literal God-breathed), inerrant, verbally inspired and infallible in its original state; divinely preserved in reliability throughout the ages in all essential doctrine declarations, quotations, and intentions.
- We believe there is one true God, manifested eternally in three distinct Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, Who possesses all the divine attributes and in coequal, coexistent, co-eternal, and one in nature with the Father. We believe in Christ’s virgin birth and that He was God incarnate (both God and man) for the purpose of revealing the Father, redeeming men, and ruling over God’s kingdom. Jesus accomplished man’s redemption by the vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood and sacrificial death on the cross. By His literal, physical resurrection from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, the sinner is justified. We believe Jesus to be the mediator between God and man Who will return in Glory to judge all mankind.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the third member of the Trinity possessing all the divine attributes with the Father and the Son. The Holy Spirit is the supernatural and sovereign agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ at the moment of conversion. The Holy Spirit also indwells, sanctifies, instructs, and empowers all believers for spiritual service.
- We believe everything in the created universe is a revelation of God’s infinity, God’s diversity, God’s individuality. God created distinct individualities and at once, maintains the identity and purpose of each, while He relates all into a purposeful whole; God created man in the image of Himself.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, Who administers spiritual gifts to each believer for the purpose of equipping the saints and for the building of the body of Christ.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life, the lost to everlasting punishment.
- We believe that all who put their faith in Jesus Christ are placed by the Holy Spirit into the spiritual body of the believer known as “the church,” with Christ established as the head. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by the teaching and instruction of the Scripture, by providing fellowship, and by fulfilling the great commission to reach the world for Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the man, in his natural state, is a sinner and that the penalty for sin is eternal separation from the Father. We believe that eternal life is a free gift of grace bestowed upon each repentant sinner who responds in faith to the provision of salvation from Jesus Christ. Regeneration is instantaneous and is accomplished solely by the power of the Holy Spirit. Genuine regeneration will manifest itself by righteous attitudes, edifying conduct, and good works, to the extent that each believer submits himself to the control of the Holy Spirit.
The parents and staff of The Community School avoid highly debatable topics that tend to divide evangelical believers. Such topics would include mode of baptism, communion, gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the end times. Students are referred to their parents if a debatable topic of theological nature arises on school campus days.